Semblemande is an annual charity concert founded by John and Catherine Kwak. Since 2013, Semblemande has brought together musicians from all around New Zealand and overseas to perform an annual Christmas charity concert with funds being raised for a charity organisation. Our musicians have included not only people with music as their career, but also others majoring in medicine, engineering, and more. Semblemande was started with the aim of sharing our music with the wider community.
Catherine and her team of musos are a delight to see and hear perform. They express such a joie de vivre that we can’t help but be uplifted by their presence and gift of music. It is a treat for us to host a concert for them, and because all they want us to do is give our support to the Charity St Vincent de Paul our one joy is made all the more potent.Fr Richard LawrensonSt Joseph’s Parish, Clarkin Rd, Hamilton
Previously we have supported:
- St Vincent de Paul Society – Fairfield (Hamilton), Howick (Auckland)
- Salvation Army
- Himalayan Trust
REST HOME CONCERTS
We also perform rest home concerts regularly for the elderly in our community.
- Wesley Rest Home (Christchurch)
- St Alban’s (Christchurch)
- St Stephen’s (Christchurch)
- Hilda Ross (Hamilton)
- Tamahere Retirement Village (Hamilton)
- Dannemora Rest Home (Auckland)
- Bruce McLaren Retirement Village (Auckland)